Join me for the third video in my series of free coaching recordings, with Mindy Meiering, A life coach specialising in grief and loss based in Durango Colorado USA
You can follow along with her website here: mindymeiering.com.
Some key takeaways:
• In this video, I talk about an important and common phase in many business’s journey: what to do when your business has evolved but your website/messaging hasn’t kept up! It could be that you’re like Mindy and over time you’ve realised you want to niche down in a particular area and your website presents you as more generalised, or you could be totally reshaping your business direction. If you’re wondering how to evolve your existing brand and website, this is the video for you!
• I also talk about the importance of regularly auditing your site for time-specific content. Do you have references to 2020 or some other old date that need to be updated or removed? You’d be surprised how easy it is to forget what you have included on your site.
• I discuss the fact that Mindy doesn’t use the word Life Coach until mid-way through her home page and what she does might not be clear from above the fold for people. She might want to add a niche-specific tagline under her logo to help make it super clear from the get-go. I also talk about ways she might be able to improve the readability of her name in her logo through a clearer font.
• We talk about making better use of her home page’s real estate by having less big chunks of white space and better balance between text and photo columns. I’d also recommend avoiding two columns of text on the same section for paragraphs.
• I mention once again the importance of writing directly to your reader and avoiding writing to an external group of people (i.e. your ideal client).
i.e. “I HELP KIND, INTELLIGENT, SOULFUL PEOPLE MOVE THROUGH CHANGE AND GET PAST THEIR SELF-DOUBT & LIMITING BELIEFS TO CREATE THE LIFE THEY LONG TO BE LIVING.”
Could be adjusted to “I help kind, intelligent and soulful people like you move through change and get past your self-doubt and limiting beliefs to create the life you long to be living.” or to remove the “I” – “You’re kind, intelligent and soulful. You’re also ready to move past your self-doubt & limiting beliefs to create the life you long to believe.”